Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards Show 2015
The Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards Society (JRTAS) is seeking a producer for the annual Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards ceremony and party.
The JRTAS is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that exists to celebrate and promote the outstanding achievements of the Vancouver professional theatre community by producing the annual Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards Show.
Our awards shows over past seasons have been very successful in including diverse artists and organizations from our community, distributing 39 awards. A key element has been a high energy, fast-paced presentation. We are always open to inviting a fresh creative vision into the mix to continue building on our past successes.
The 2015 Jessies will take place on Monday, June 22, 2015 at the Commodore Ballroom (TBC).
Job Description: To conceive and execute a fast-paced, multimedia theatre awards show.
Reports to: Board of Directors, Awards Show Committee
• attends monthly meetings of the JRTAS Board of Directors (Jan-June)
• creates show format and all elements in collaboration with the Board
• acts as main liaison with the show venue
• coordinates payment and charges to the JRTAS
• oversees expenses and maintains budget in collaboration with the Treasurer
• attends all rehearsals
• oversees all timelines
• participates in and, where necessary, assists the JRTAS Board with organizing the Nominations Party, held one month in advance of the Awards Night
• works with Production Coordinator to hire Production Team
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Search Committee has a strong bias for applicants with a production office and support staff.
Interested candidates should forward a résumé and letter of interest. Please include a description of your ideas or concepts for the awards, as well as logistics of how you would achieve an entertaining and efficient show and party.
Mail: Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards Society
Attention: Selection Committee
249 – 3381 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4R3
While we appreciate all submissions, only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline for submission: Friday, November 21, 2014